Welcome to Maricopa County's Safe Reduction Initiative sponsored by Casey Family Programs and co-led by Arizona's Department of Child Safety and Maricopa County Juvenile Court.
The overarching goals of the initiative are to:
- Safely reduce the number of children and youth in out of home care in Maricopa County, and
- Increase timely permanency for children and youth in out of home care in Maricopa County.
The initiative consists of three safe reduction workgroups (SRWG):
- Judicial SRWGG (launched October 2014)
- Attorney SRWG (launched January 2015)
- Stakeholder SRWG (launched October 2014)
For more information, contact:
Dr. Judy Krysik, firstname.lastname@example.org or Lela Wendell, LWendell@azdes.gov